Thursday, September 13, 2007

God Still Does Incredible Things

I had the chance last Sunday to share with the entire group (about 350 people) the story of how an IMB missionary led my great grandfather, Angel Vazquez, to the Lord. I told them that because one missionary was brave enough to go to another country, learn a new language, and share his faith, four generations of our family has served God as ministers (Angel, my grandfather Ramon, my father Raul, and my brother and I). As I was sharing this, a man stood up and said, "I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for your family! I was saved under your grandfather, Ramon's ministry". It also turns out that my dad was his Sunday School teacher as well. This man's daughter is leaving as a missionary to Spain at the same time Erin and I are going to Poland (that's why he was there). I was floored but I immediately realized that no one, not even I can really grasp the domino effect that obeying God causes. It was hard to finish the story after being blown away by this man's testimony but God helped me spit the rest out. I also had the chance to share my testimony with Hispanic pastors and missions leaders. We asked them to pray for us to get an apartment and the next day our supervisor found one (tentatively). On a lighter note, I fractured my finger playing flag football. It shouldn't be a big deal but I thought you might enjoy the X-ray. Please don't forget to leave a comment, it makes us feel great. Blessings Seba

14 comments:

TASTE and SEE said...

We miss you guys here in the apartments. I love xray pictures I think they are so cool.

FordeFam said...

I love all the pics, especially the ones from your previous blog about the Quads! I remember them!!! When we were there I was one of the kids who was playing on the blessed playgrounds!!! :)
Blessings,
Maia ><>

Justin said...

Hey friends! Thanks for keeping us posted on life in your world! We miss y'all but it is fun to still be a part of your lives through prayer.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, what an awesome story! Will continue to pray for you. Love, The Welch family

Our Flock of Sheep said...

I think God's trying to tell you something with the whole sports thing...

Greg & Laura said...

Hey guys! We miss you! We are thinking about you and praying for you.

Love,
The Richardson family

KellyMac said...

Hi Guys!
I have been attending a mission this week at my church and thinking a lot about y'all. It is nice to get to see your journey so far, and be a part of it through this blog. I miss you and have been praying for you.

Anonymous said...

That ripple effect of your grandfather ... that is amazing! God is so gracious to use generations.
We miss you two so much! Erin, hope you are doing well! No xrays for you, right?
Love
Becky and Kris

Anonymous said...

Seba,

Cy thinks your xray is cool!
Becky and Kris

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic story! I'm a writer with the CEE Media and Communications team. Be looking for an e-mail from me soon--I would love to ask you more about God's work through the generations of your family for an article on our Web site, hope4cee.org.

Thank you for sharing about this--and for reminding others of how our God is so huge!

Unknown said...

Sebas, tremendo el testimonio de lo que el SeƱor puede hacer. Oramos por ustedes. Cuida la mano viejito...Saludos a Erin

Melinda said...

Hey guys,
Just checking in. Reading your story reminds me of what a truly small world we live in. Seba, I hope your hand is getting better...that can't be fun! We miss you guys a lot and love reading about your adventures. Keep writing and keep in touch! Erin, check my blog for some funny school stories! Love, Melinda =)

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a story about your grandfather! We miss you both. I was glad to get to speak to you on the phone your last day in the states. Ashley says, "hi!". Email us BTurner216@yahoo.com and talk me through the skype thing!

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin and Seba. I love your blog!!!!!!!
McKenna