Saturday, August 25, 2007

Shot Day...

Yesterday was our first round of shots...we got three each. We will have two more days of shots while we are here at ILC. I was surprised how quick and painless they were....but the same didn't hold true for Seba. YIKES!!! Yesterday while we were eating lunch, I looked up and saw Marshall Kitron. I had the same look on my face that my students had when they saw me at Walmart and not in the classroom-he wasn't in the right place...but it was a great surprise!! He was traveling through Virginia and stopped by to say hello! We got to visit and go to Dairy Queen for some much needed dessert! Marshall was our youth pastor at South Haltom Community Church and is now serving in Peru as a missionary. Last Friday was my birthday so we went to an outdoor mall called Short Pump. They have live music every weekend during the summer and we got to hear some JAZZ. Seba wasn't feeling very well that evening so we are going out tonight to "recelebrate" my birthday and to celebrate his birthday which is this Monday.

7 comments:

FordeFam said...

Nothing that brings you more reality of things to come than getting the shots! ;) Glad that you didn't have too much pain! Hope Seba feels better soon! That outdoor mall must have been really fun with the jazz and all!!! Have fun recelebrating and celebrating your birthdays! :) That would be fun to have birthdays so close together! :) Blessings!
Maia ><>

Melinda said...

Happy Birthday to both of you! I hope Seba is feeling better...how cool of Marshall to surprise you like that! I know that look you described from students...the wait a minute, you don't LIVE at school?? look! Anyway, I hope you guys are having an awesome time and learning a lot, I look forward to reading each time you update!

Justin said...

Wisdom teeth... shots... you keep showing Seba up with your "Texas Woman" bravery!
Love y'all!

Anonymous said...

Los tios Coca y Pepe, muy felices de verlos tan alegres y entusiasmados en el proceso de preparacion para tan gloriosa tarea en Polonia, oran, y seguiran orando todos los dias, por ricas y abundantes bendiciones del Senor.
Al mismo tiempo les deseamos un muy feliz cumpleanos a los dos.
Y le recomendamos a Seba que sea cuidadoso con lo que come, para poder celebralo sin consecuencias.
Muchos besos.

Unknown said...

It sounds like everything is going splendidly! School began today, and it wasn't the same without my sidekick. I miss you both very much. Let me close with this, "Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Seba and Erin. Happy birthday to you. And many more on Channel 4, and Scooby Doo on Channel 2, and Big Fat Lady on Channel 80, And Wendy Whiney on Channel 90, etc." I could go on and on, as you well know. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!
I miss both of you.
I saw your house have been painted today. I entered in it and recalled you.

Insang

Bickley said...

Great that you saw Marshall!!! And happy birthday to both of yas!