Wednesday, August 8, 2007

We Made It...

...To Virginia, not Poland yet. Erin and I arrived at the ILC (International Learning Center) for two months of training. Amazingly but not surprisingly, all that we asked you to pray for came to pass. We sold both vehicles (the Honda on the last day before we left), packed all our posessions into 6 footlockers and two suitcases and spent good time with our family and friends. Thank you so much for your prayers. We want to especially thank Erin's mom and dad (Ron and Kay) for housing us the last week and giving us all that we needed to prepare to go. We also want to thank Pastor Ryan of Grace Baptist Church for putting this blogspot in their bulletin and mentioning us during their service. We miss all of you already (except for Chris Sheppard) but we are extremely busy here learning all kinds of details of our assignment. Please pray for us to be able to retain all that we are learning and also for us to build meaningful relationships with other missionaries here. God Bless, Seba and Erin Here we are with Rachel and Shea Massengale (our team members) and Mark and Susie Edworthy (our supervisors).

6 comments:

Bickley said...

Yay! I'm first! Glad you made it to Virginia safely. So you have two months of training, now? We'll be praying that it goes well, and that the training will be adequate for what you will experience afterwards. Somehow, I think it won't quite be..."training" never quite prepares you fully for real life, does it?

FordeFam said...

Awwww!!! I'm sooo excited for you guys!!! I will be praying for you as you are preparing for your ministry in Poland!!! I know that during our training we just found ourselves getting more and more excited to serve our Lord!!! Of course I was young, but it was contagious!!! ;) Praying for you and the others there!!! :)
Blessings,
Maia ><>

Our Flock of Sheep said...

We lost by 28 on Monday without your presence in the middle. Glad to hear you made it to Virginia. Give me a shout when you're settled in.

Anonymous said...

Seba! It's Chris Ricks. My cousin had just moved to Ft. Worth to go to Southwestern and I was trying to find your church and found this site. Congrats on going to Poland! I applied at the IMB last week actually but I don't know if I'm going to get the job. I'll be Praying for you and Erin!

Anonymous said...

Nekelucky
[url=http://healthplusrx.com/hemophilia]hemophilia[/url]
DEFENZYNC

Anonymous said...

I love pray4poland.blogspot.com! Here I always find a lot of helpful information for myself. Thanks you for your work.
Webmaster of http://loveepicentre.com and http://movieszone.eu
Best regards